Tuesday, November 20, 2007

News in English from America


Today is exactly 4 months since I had left Kiev-Kyiv, my big city for an adventure and by looking at some pretty pictures taken by Oksana Horne last summer I felt nostalgic- the foto images of Kiev are impressive - summer and spring are the best times to visit Ukraine. Fall is the best to eat watermelons and genteically grown fruit and vegs.
Tomorrow hopefully my internet will be finally cut as my landlord cuts costs of living and renting for me. This week I pray I could move into shabiier but cheaper place near Old Dominion University in Norfolk.
I plan to quit working for Arby's (type of fast-food like McDo) where I've been working since Sept 10 2007 for peanuts and my fellow workers are women. I need to find a new job to survive after I move soon.
Today is very warm +20. so i opened the windows to get some warm air and now I feel chilly.
I started reading Japanese writer Murakami in English (Norwegian wood) but lost some interest. I read 600 pages thick book on Stali- by British Jewish author Simon Montefiore- I need now to get his new book biography of Young Stalin.
I read couple of detectives by Agatha Chrisity and bought an Agatha Christie Guide to her novels by an Australian researcher.
On Wednesdays and Sundays I'm chauferrred to church- I'm kind of adjusted to listening to sermons in English but still miss Thursday Torah studies in Kiev by a Messianic jewish teacher Boris Zakharovich. I would love to go back to visit Ukarine and relatives and friends in winter for a month. I need to see my grandpa before he dies (he's 81 years young in December 2007)- next month.
In a nutshell I still go on vacationing in America - taking things easy and slowly- which is a bit rebellish to local pace of life despite the recession.
We have far less customers at Arby's during my working hours from 10-30 till 3 pm - maybe because of holidays and recession.
bananas are very chepa at Walmart- I think price in Kiev are too expensive and wages are not catching up with inflation. In America prices rise too.
Well, write me e-mails on my address - t.levchuk@gmail.com or send text +17572890192.
The pastor at church last week spoke about temptations of seeking fame through interent media- for me it's just my voice of one crying in the wilderness of new way of living in a new country.
Have a good one,
Taras

No comments: