Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Today is a visits day

I feel like I have lived on US university campus half of my life, although it’s my third day here, including half Sunday. Yesterday I spent hours at the Methodist Wesleyan house for students. My street has many similar religious houses turned church sponsored hang-out places. People are extremely interesting in this natural setting for future American (and Asian upper class?) middle-class, married with kids, members of X Church. Some of the students traveled to Russia or had roommates or school friends there. Yesterday I was at my first student Bible study led by Mama Linda of Presbyterian community house with improvised supper served by a man. I was struck most participants were men, the topic was repentance and the ministry of John the Baptist and why he’s not part of Christmas greeting card. One student mentioned briefly he’s 40000 USd in school debt and he won’t be a missionary because of that, he’s a music senior at local uni. I bought a notebook yesterday without any documents but it’s almost new and wi-fi works well- who invented it? Weather has been warm- today it dropped to mid 50s- roughly 13-15 C. I haven’t seen my roommates yet, they all do something somewhere. I’ll try to learn more how to convert my diploma into American equivalent through a company here to let me get ahead here. Fast-food companies didn’t phone me- now it’s not so easy to get hired even at low-paid fast-food places.

So I enjoy speaking to young Americans for hours, eating at dinners for students and mastering my new laptop, chatting with some Ukrainians via internet and shopping.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!